Help

Chrome thinks every field is a password field and offers to create or save the password

Topic Labels: Data
13979 60
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tish_Chambers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chrome has started thinking every field in Airtable is a password field and pops up the 'Do you want to save this password?' after I finish typing in any field. It is very annoying!

It is also preventing me from choosing a date in a date field because it pops up the 'create a strong password' right on top of the calendar and I can't click on anything!

I've tried Googling for instructions for how to block the password autofill/offer to save on just one site, but can't find instructions exactly. 

Is anyone else having this issue? As far as I know, I didn't change anything about Chrome, this just started happening. 

60 Replies 60
MaisieRowe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I stumbled upon a workaround that might help you out a bit. Have you tried disabling Chrome's autofill feature temporarily? It's not a perfect fix, but it might give you some relief until a more permanent solution comes along. Also, regarding that annoying 'create a strong password' prompt, have you considered using a password manager? I've found that using one not only helps with those pesky prompts but also ensures my passwords are super secure without having to wrack my brain for variations of my cat's name. Have you checked out Strong password generator? It's easy to use and takes the hassle out of coming up with strong passwords.