1764 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Ed
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone. Sorry if this isn’t in the proper category or if the question seems newbie.

I’m kind of new to Airtable and was wondering if there’s a way to automatically populate a field across a whole table based on a condition within a field in that table and/or in another table entirely.

To simplify, I have a table with the following columns: Website Name, URL, and Categories.

What I want to achieve is create a 4th column based on values within the Categories field. For example, if Categories field has “Laptops”, the 4th column would automatically populate with a text like “Source1, Source2”, etc. Is there a way to do this across the whole table and at the same time be able to edit the “Source” text to add more websites?

Photo for clarification:
Airtable Help

Is it possible to make it so that Sample Website 2 through 4 also have Source1, Source2 in their Sources column?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Thank you so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible in Airtable. Be sure to email support@airtable.com to request this feature.

You could potentially write your own script to mimic this functionality in a scripting block.

There is also an elaborate workaround to this issue here — but this also comes with its own drawbacks:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible in Airtable. Be sure to email support@airtable.com to request this feature.

You could potentially write your own script to mimic this functionality in a scripting block.

There is also an elaborate workaround to this issue here — but this also comes with its own drawbacks:

Thank you! I sure will do.