cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dominic_Rannie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

I am a little confused with exactly how to write an IF statement that checks that all three of the following conditions are true:

1. {Status} = “”
  2. {Replacement Required} = “Yes”
  3. IF(NOW() > WORKDAY({Date Created},2)

I have the first two worked out, but when I try to add the third condition I am struggling to get it to work.

Any assistance gratefully received.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think the IF() in your initial parameters was slightly misleading. You don’t need the IF around it for it to work. I think this should do the trick:

IF(
    AND(
        {Status}="",
        {Replacement Required}="Yes",
        NOW() > WORKDAY({Date Created}, 2)
    ),
    "true condition",
    "false condition"
)

You might need to change the names of the fields in the formula to match your actual fields, as your screenshot shows different names.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Try something like this:
IF(AND({Status}="", {Replacement Required}="Yes", IF(NOW()>WORKDAY({Date Created}, 2)), "true condition", "false condition")

Thanks for the response. I needed to put in an extra bracket and now have:

IF(AND({Status}="", {Replacement Required}=“Yes”, IF(NOW()>WORKDAY({Date Created}, 2))), “true condition”, “false condition”)

The strange thing is I get “false condition” returned in all cases. I have broken down all three components of the test and can see that there are rows that should return true. Any ideas?Screenshot_2020-07-03_at_20_20_50

Screenshot_2020-07-03_at_20_31_36

In case my last response was confusing, I have made visible the columns actually referred to in the formula.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think the IF() in your initial parameters was slightly misleading. You don’t need the IF around it for it to work. I think this should do the trick:

IF(
    AND(
        {Status}="",
        {Replacement Required}="Yes",
        NOW() > WORKDAY({Date Created}, 2)
    ),
    "true condition",
    "false condition"
)

You might need to change the names of the fields in the formula to match your actual fields, as your screenshot shows different names.

Thanks Justin! That worked a treat.