Help

Consolidating multiple tabs within a base and consolidating common information across bases into a single base

Topic Labels: Sync
896 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATxSG
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Scenario 1 (Consolidating data across multiple bases)

1. How can we combine common data from bases (assuming they have different number of columns and different information) into a single table that acts as the single source of truth? If not, what is the alternative for combining data from different bases into a single source of truth?

Scenario 2 (Consolidating data within a base)

1. How can we consolidate and merge data common information into a single table within the same base?

2. Assuming I have to use “Linked Records” to merge data, is there a way to “mass populate” link records instead of manually selecting each record?

1 Reply 1
Williams_Innova
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @ATxSG,

I’ve done this before using a few different approaches, which depend really one what the ultimate goal is. Are you wanting to go from different bases to one base only once and then only use the one base OR are you wanting to continue using the different bases and still have one base for a source of truth? This would determine the approach I would take.

Chris