1603 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papparaziz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is probably a bug? But copy pasting a value into a linked record is not working for me. It used to work before… It says “Pasting…” but then doesn’t do anything… HELP!

7 Replies 7

I’ve just tried this and it works for me, although it does take a second or two. I’m guessing it is validating the pasted data in the background to check if it already exists or not (and as you probably know, if it doesn’t exist in the linked table it will create it there) so there’s clearly a few things going on when you paste data. But if you’re not getting it completing the action, feels like it might be more of a network error/timeout perhaps.

JB

Yeah I think it was because the primary field in the table that was being referenced was a formula field therefore it made sense copy pasting didn’t work, for the benefit of others

Anup_Jogani
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There is actually a glitch here, I’ve tried contacting Airtable about it to no avail. If you copy a data set with multiple linked fields into a new linked table a lot of the links are simply lost, or never created. Pretty strange.

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am also experiencing this issue! Anyone come up with an answer? It used to work, just stopped working over the last few months. Thanks!

amber_h

+1 for this issue. I’m having this trouble with specifically linked columns but not others in the same table. Any progress?

amber_h

Did you find a solution? Same issue here with a few linked columns in a table where others are working. So odd and annoying. :slightly_smiling_face:

James_Rourke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was having this problem and I think I’ve found a solution:

It seems like the issue arises when there is a white space after the term you are trying to copy and paste:

“Value”
vs
"Value "

I have had issues with whitespaces before and found when I added quotation marks to my list of values, all the values that weren’t pasting had a white space at the end. Thus when you try to paste the value, the lookup field is only reading to the end of the string (the ‘e’ at the end of “Value”) and so doesn’t recognise the value and remains blank.

My list was 1000+ values long so removing all the whitespaces wasn’t very efficient. As an alternative solution I used a bit of code to add quotation marks to the values and then tried copy and paste again and it worked:

1. Create a single line text field (Field Name) and paste your list of values
  2. Create a formula field and enter the following:

CONCATENATE(’"’,{Field Name},’"’)

(That’s a single quotation, double quotation, single quotation on either side)

That should encapsulate your list of values in double quotations. Now when you copy and past the linked field also reads the white space and matches the term.