cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Brasted
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,

I have 2 tables. One is called Dues. It has a list of members who have paid their dues by year. Each row is a member and the year. The other table is called Meetings. I t has list of meetings by date and a multiselect field of members who attended the meetings. Each row is a meeting with date and members attending.

I would like to count the number of meetings each member has attended in a rollup field in the Dues table to determine of they are eligible to vote. To vote you have to have paid your dues and attended more then 6 meetings for that year. So, filter for year and and number of meetings.

The list of members comes from the members table that lists all the members.

Can someone point me in the right direction. I cannot figure this out.

Thanks, Scott

7 Replies 7
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Scott_Brasted ! I believe the issue is that there's no relationship between the names from the multi-select on the meetings table and the names on the dues table. 

For me instead of a multi-select I'd use a linked record from the meetings table to the dues table, and then assign people to each meeting. Then on the Dues table you can do a rollup using COUNTALL to count the number of linked records. Here's how it looks:

Rollup Formula:

Screenshot 2023-11-12 104910.png

Dues Table:

Screenshot 2023-11-12 105447.png

Meetings Table: 

Screenshot 2023-11-12 104940.png

Thanks for the reply. I created the linked fields and I got nothing. Both empty. I do not understand what I am trying to do here. Thanks, Scott

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Scott_Brasted would help if you shared screenshots of your setup and how you linked records and the rollup. Otherwise I'm just guessing here. Thanks

I have created a link to the base so you can see what I see.. There is nothing secret in it.  Thanks, Scott

https://airtable.com/invite/l?inviteId=invaGWx4K7vsfFboN&inviteToken=c74b3b55baa01a6913edfacb4a53320...

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Scott_Brasted  thanks for sharing your table, that really helps! I recorded a quick Loom Video with some step by step instructions on how I'd go about solving this issue. I think you're really close. 

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Scott_Brasted are you sure you want to do that? If I join your table as a creator you'll be billed for 1 seat. I'd personally recommend not sharing that link publicly. Send me a private message, happy to jump on a quick zoom call and walk you through it, should only take 5 min