Help

Any option for dynamic fields showing up depending on input?

Solved
Jump to Solution
577 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaron_Avramov
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Without using forms, but within AirTable itself, is there any option to build anything like a flow chart, where selecting different options would show different fields to input data?

For example let's assume I have an employees table. Each employee can either be employed directly or via a subcontractor - for each option I need to fill out different fields, and then for each one of them they can be in different departments, and for each department I want different fields filled out once again and so on.

Is there any way to do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yaron_Avramov

Thanks, I've actually found a solution to the problem. It's awkward but it works:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/formulas/show-hide-field-based-on-condition/m-p/167879#M19986

Thanks @OfficeOurs 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Not natively no. You could use automations and/or record templates to fill in standard data per option.

Yaron_Avramov

Thanks, I've actually found a solution to the problem. It's awkward but it works:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/formulas/show-hide-field-based-on-condition/m-p/167879#M19986

Thanks @OfficeOurs 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, it’s disappointing that Airtable doesn’t offer this natively yet (except on forms).

Although one thing to note is that there are now 2 external apps available for Airtable that offer this feature natively: Fillout and Noloco.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

And I give a brief demo of Fillout on this episode of the BuiltOnAir Podcast.