cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evos_World
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi

I am trying to create a form in Airtable so it fills out the fields and creates an invoice.

I thought this would be really simple but I am stuck adding multiple products and multiple quantities.

Basically, I have a table called ‘Prices’ this has all the products, product codes, prices, colours and sizes, I then have another table called ‘Invoices’, in this table we have the fields called, product, qty, size and location.

From the '‘Invoices’ table, we lookup the product code from ‘Prices’ and display it in the product field, we then add our qty, size and location (This is taken from another table called ‘Location’ and it can be multiple selections).

Finally it calculate the cost of the cost of the product, add the cost of the locations and gives me a total figure. So far this appears to work and I don’t see it being an issue creating an invoice as it’s all on 1 row.

What I am can’t workout is… How do I add more products with multiple quantities (Some of the products may even be the same product but a different size)?

On an invoice, another product would be added to another line but I don’t appear to have that luxury within Airtable. Any ideas how to do this?

14 Replies 14
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I think you’ll need a junction table. I’d call it something like “Line Items”. Link both your “Prices” and “Invoices” table to it.

Here is an example: https://airtable.com/shr0onbFQBjqSTDOA

Evos_World
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you, that worked.

Lane_Scheiblaue
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@AlliAlosa Can you explain more about how this is done? The example that you showed is no longer active.

Oops! Sorry about that. Did some early spring cleaning and got rid of that example base. Here’s a new link: https://airtable.com/shrARpjHsxF9gAZf4

Happy to answer any questions if you have any!

Lane_Scheiblaue

Thanks for the quick reply!

My main question is - If you are writing up your invoice on the “Invoices” tab, do you then have to jump over to the “Line Items” tab to input the individual items/qtys, then go back to your “Invoices” tab to finish out? Or is there a way to do all of your inputs from the “Invoices” tab?

I personally would do the entries directly from the Line Items tab - I find it quicker/cleaner. However, you could do it from the Invoices tab by clicking the “+” symbol in the {Line Items} field, then “+ Add new record”. A pop-up will open with all the fields from the Line Items table (Product, Qty, etc).

Lane_Scheiblaue

Ok, thanks for the help

how do you build the automation via zapier so that any single customer that is buying 2 different items (with different quantity of course) will be assigned to a single invoice?

Rupert_Hoffschm
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Made my day to find this post! :partying_face:

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you would like to make a form where users can add line items, we’ve built that solution here. It would automatically link the added products to the invoice.

How can I create table form to automatically count the number of times barcode scanned each time I scan my barcode and also automatically group the scanned item according to the types of item?

Im having the same problem, can you let me have access to the link to see that solution?

Ayush_Narang

Hi @Evos_World, I am in a similar situation and despite trying the solution mentioned in the thread, I can't solve the problem. I was wondering if you could please share the template of your base if you don't have any problem with that. Thankyou. 

@AlliAlosa This is very cool. I set one up for my team, and it looks great. 

I don't yet see any way to automate generating the invoice - say, when a new record is created. Any insights?