1374 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
creative_genius
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello there , Is there any way to create conditional select fields in airtable? I want to change select option values for one select field on the basis of another select field dynamically. For instance I have 3 dropdowns A, B and C . A has 10 values , If I select 1 value in A select field , B field should display content related to A field and similarly C field should display the content related to B field. Is it feasible in airtable .I have tried to use views to achieve this but there are a number of options related to each field , so it will be quite troublesome to create view for each possible combination. Is there any alternative that we can make use of to achieve the end result? This functionality is implemented in google sheets with the help of google scripts but I want to use airtable to manage my data. here is the link for google sheet functionality : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You would have to submit the form 10 times in a row.

There is also a complex workaround that you can try to setup in Airtable to make conditional linked records work in Airtable, but it also requires working on one record at a time:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

This is one of the top feature requests that people have had for Airtable for years. Definitely email your request for this feature to support@airtable.com. Definitely let them hear your voice.

However, you may be able to do this with the form offered by MiniExtensions.com, and I know that you can definitely do it with the combination of JotForm + On2Air Forms.

Thank you for your valuable advice. Is it possible to enter multiple records at once while using these extensions/apps ? let’s suppose, I have 10 rows at a time that should be used to create records , Can I create these 10 records with just one submission or I have to submit the form 10 times to insert them?

You would have to submit the form 10 times in a row.

There is also a complex workaround that you can try to setup in Airtable to make conditional linked records work in Airtable, but it also requires working on one record at a time: