Help

Create PDF Invoice with airtable - search for automation for more than 5K creations/month

Topic Labels: ImportingExporting
3169 10
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Korpilla
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

i create 5K PDFs every month: Digital Products, Invoices and so on.

Now i start with airtable and search for a new tool to create PDFs automaticly when an entry is created or updated. We want to store the PDF in dropbox and link from airtable to the dropbox-pdf or other storages.

1. Any idea which cheap and stable tool and plugin we can take?
  2. We work also with Make/Integromat in combination, so we are a little bite more felxible in the tools.

I like the pricings from pdfshift.io (5k PDFs = 39$), PDFMonkey (6k PDFs = 30$) and api2pdf.com (5k PDFs = 4$) . I dont like documint (5k PDFs = 250$)
Are there airtable plugins avalable or other solutions?

Best regards
Oliver

10 Replies 10

Hey Oliver,

On2Air Actions is another option. Here’s more info about automated documents with Airtable

You can reach out to us about pricing at 5k docs/month.

Not so easy to understand your pricing plan. can you please help me which plan i need with 5K PDFs every month?

Yes, with that many documents per month, you’ll need to reach out to us about pricing. We only have listed up to 1,000 documents per month.

Click the chat button on our site and we can give you more info. On2Air.com

6 - Interface Innovator

@Oliver_Korpilla Youre best to go with Integromat (now Make) and trigger the creation of PDFs as Google Docs, then save these as PDFs in Dropbox. You can then push the share link back into Airtable.

This is better as it doesn’t charge per PDF, it’s a low cost monthly fee

Make still charges per module operation. Each PDF would take at least two operations, one to create the PDF and another to put the PDF back in Airtable.

Edited – I accidentally added a decimal point when looking at the number of desired documents (50K, instead of 5K).

JN_tp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Correct - My point here was the fee per PDF is negligible

Oliver_Korpilla
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for your the good ideas.

G Doc > dropbox i like. But i dont have idea when the G API restricted.

Example: We have test Word to oneDrive and after 50 submissions we get restricted in business account.
G Sheet also dont take every time all order Datas via API.

Dropbox we dont have tested. So that is why i search for working Solutions like Make > PDFMonkey > dropbox. Any idea which API dont make problems for 5.000 Datas a month?

Some of the restrictions you see might be rate limited restrictions, versus restrictions on total volume of documents created.

Also keep in mind how important it is to have a WYSIWYG template designer. Some of the services such as api2pdf, PDFShift or CloudConvert do not have WYSIWYG template editors.

I have written scripts that create pdf documents using these PDFShift and CloudConvert, I create the raw html using formula fields and merge them with a mustache template to generate the raw HTML which I send to the service. This requires being able to edit raw html/css and being familiar with the mustache templating system. However, both services are very affordable. (I am the author of the Low Tech PDF app, which uses the PDFShift service. However, I am not currently offering consulting services to new clients. The Low Tech PDF app also only runs on button click, not automatically.)

Can you offer me your pdfshift plugin?

If you are interested in my Low Tech PDF app, it is available in the Marketplace.
However, it will not create documents automatically. You must click a button in the app to create a pdf file. If you are still interested in it, I recommend you try setting it up and test it out to see if it will work for you. After you get the system working, you can purchase a premium license to remove my watermark. You will also need a PDFShift account to remove the PDFShift watermark.

I am currently not selling the corresponding system for creating documents via an automation script.