Help

Creating Dates: Where is the formula counting an additional hour?

Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones
2121 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregool
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-19 um 06.38.26
Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-19 um 06.35.27

As you can see I work with a formula.
And I don’t get my(?) fault, why this formula in recordline no. 8 isn’t working as well as in the other lines …

Anyone an idea? :thinking:

Thank you in advance and best regards
Martin

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It’s probably a timezone issue.

Check the formatting options for both the formula field and the initial date field. Make sure that they are either both set to local time or both set to GMT.

Gregool

Thank you.

But how should this be possible, if the formula or the timezone issue has got an impact on the whole column?
Only one row is wrong …

If this is a “correct and logical fault”, there must be something to change just one row or just one field, right?

It is crazy.
If I am in the formula of Kontrollfeld, Beginn, go to formatting, klick Use the same time zone (GMT) for all collaborators the whole column is one hour behind Uhrzeit, Beginn der Veranstaltung. Fine.
But if I click Use the same time zone (GMT) for all collaborators in that formula again, all fields in that column are working – except that single field, that adds one hour …

Can you post the formula?

Gregool

DATEADD(Datum,{Uhrzeit, Beginn der Veranstaltung},‘seconds’)

This is very strange. Try editing the duration field to something different to force the formula field to recalculate. Then edit the duration back. If editing the value of the duration field does not cause the formula field to recalculate, contact support.

Gregool

No, doesn’t work neither.
Anyway, thank you for trying to help me.
I just wrote to the support.

Gregool

The support found out:
On the 27th of march is a change of summer-/wintertime … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So have that in mind, if you are calculating dates.

Thank you so much for coming back and posting the resolution!