1541 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindsay_Patross
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

All of my tasks have a dependency, but only some show the critical path highlighted in yellow. I cannot figure out why the critical path is showing for some and not the others.

Is there a trick to getting the critical path to work on the Gantt view?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hello and welcome to the Community @Lindsay_Patross!

The Gantt view will highlight the critical path based on the earliest and latest records from your dependencies - below is a quick example demonstrating this behavior (outlined in gold).

Since delays to earlier tasks (such as ‘Migrate existing tasks’ in this example would affect the timing of the final task (Set up weekly progress meeting), those earlier tasks are then considered critical to the last task remaining on schedule. Tasks which do not have a dependency link to the final task will be omitted from the critical path (such as ‘Confirm task timelines’).

image.png|650xauto
I also recommend checking out our Gantt view support article for more details on Critical paths.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Thanks for the reply. The image is not loading for me. I do have dependencies on all of my tasks but the critical path is still not showing up.

Hey @Lindsay_Patross!

Let me know if you can see the below image (it’s the same one form the support article so you can see it there too):
image (3).

In order for the Gantt view to create a critical path it relies on the earliest and latest dates for tasks that are dependent on each other where their timeline would be sequential. For example: A record will be excluded in the critical path if the start date of that record is before the previous record’s end date. I think the image above is the easiest way to visualize this. I can also DM you the image file directly if that would help!

Please let me know if the above isn’t clear—or if there are any other questions I can help with :slightly_smiling_face: