cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimberly_Nichol
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

Is it possible to have a Single Select include an option for “other” that contacts can customize? So if their choice is not in the drop-down menu, they would choose “other” and an input box would appear for them to enter their response.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

No, unfortunately that is a sort of dynamic functionality that Airtable does not currently support.

An ugly, and potentially confusing and error-prone workaround is to have that “Other” option in your Single Select field, followed by a text field called “Other - Explanation”, with help-text explaining to your form users to only fill out that field if they selected “Other” in the Single Select.

Another option is to use a third-part form service and a third-party automation service to create custom forms that behave the way you are wanting, and feed into your Airtable base in the way you need.

Okay, thanks very much for confirming that for me.

Teju_Adeyinka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another workaround is to create a conditional question next that users only see if they select the “Other” option.

There is also a tool available that solves this issue:

I’d love to use this tool but wow, if I have no use for other extensions, $39/mo is incredibly steep.