1122 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flle
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to sync one view into another base. I found this documentation stating how to do that. As far as I understood, that Link that I create can be viewed by anybody in possession of that link. In addition, I can protect it with a password, but then the sync will stop working.
Is that correct? If so, the sync feature is pretty much useless for everyone who doesn’t want views to be accessible publicly (I know, it’s a private link, but I don’t really trust that kind of private link), or am I mistaken? Am I missing something here?

11 Replies 11

I think that if you’re looking for an advanced database platform with very robust, enterprise-level, HIPAA-compliant database security, you may want to look at Apple’s FileMaker.

In addition to being an Airtable consultant, I’m also a Certified FileMaker Developer. So, if you need to find a consultant/developer in either of these platforms, please feel free to reach out to me through my website at scottworld.com.

I’m exploring Sync between two bases in the same workspace now, both of them private and for my own personal use - and I too am disappointed that I have to create a public-exposed link and then password protect it just to share data between two otherwise private bases.

Although the surrounding security conversation in this thread is interesting, to me it’s a bit of a distraction from Airtable supporting a more direct/secure method that allows same-workspace base sync’ing without exposing a public facing link.

Definitely worth raising as a feature request.