2216 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vigneshwaran_Mu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a requirement to delete all records from my Airtable base. Currently the documentation says I can delete only upto 10 records from a single request.

Is it possible to delete all records at a time (Instead of sending multiple URL’s with 10 records id’s each)?

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It sounds like you are using the REST API. If you are using only the REST API, yes, you must do it 10 records at a time.

However, if you use scripting, it is possible to delete up to 50 records in a single call, and delete all records in a base in a single script. A script can delete thousands of records in a few seconds.

Here are some options:

• Have your code call a webhook automation that runs a scripting action that deletes the records. This requires the proper webhook setup, and webhook automations are currently in alpha. Depending on the number of records you need to delete, you may also run into other limits.
  • Use the user interface to duplicate the base without copying the records. The result will be a brand new base with no records. This requires human intervention and the new base will have a new base id, so it may not work for your use case.

can you tell me the name of that script or give its url or can get its document

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It isn’t a specific script. I was just describing what is possible. You can see the Airtable scripting documentation here.

Also, for those people reading this thread in the future who want a no-coding way of deleting all records at once, below is a screenshot of how you would set this up in Make.com.

Just tell Make to search for all of your records (by using the formula: 1), and then Make will delete all of your records.

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.26.33 PM