922 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garth_Spackman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As a future feature request, would anyone else benefit from the preview links for URLs being more personalised?

I send out a lot of forms via email to people in my network, but often when they're in the field they contact me and ask me to send the link by text... When I do, the links just show up with the generic Airtable preview.

Because we have so many forms, there is no way for the individual to identify which of the links in their messages is the correct one. See attached image of how they appear in a SMS exchange.

It would be great if instead of "Everyone's app platform" it would have the name of the form, or the view that was being shared in the link.

If it also had the base icon instead of the airtable/blue/laptop icon, that would be a bonus.

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

UPDATE:
I just discovered that Fillout offers customizable images and text for when you share the link to social media, in text messaging, etc . This is a built-in feature of their Pro Plan.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Wow, that is a really fantastic & valid point.

Currently, all we can do is come up with workarounds for this issue:

- One workaround would be to embed the form within a page of your own website, so the preview image & name will be taken from your own website.

- Another workaround would be to use Fillout for your forms, which is free and feeds directly into Airtable. It will show Fillout as the image preview, but it will show the name of your form underneath the image.

- I also tested this with JotForm. It acts the same as Fillout... it shows JotForm as the image preview, but it shows the name of your form underneath the image. (JotForm doesn't feed into Airtable natively, but you can use Make to feed JotForm into Airtable.)

Thanks for the reply, I could also try using Miniextensions for the form. We use it when forms require functionality not offered by Airtable (digital signatures) and it's great, but a quick simple form is so much easier natively in Airtable.

Fillout offers digital signatures for only $15 per month.

I would not recommend using MiniExtensions, which has significantly fallen out of favor over the last few years amongst Airtable consultants like myself for a variety of reasons:

1. They charge a minimum of $149 per month (or $119 per month if you pay annually) for signature capability.

2. They offer a very limited amount of forms & extensions unless you upgrade to their $299 per month plan ($239 per month annually).

3. Their new ownership has stopped updating & improving most of their extensions for years now. The company operates primarily in “maintenance mode” now.

4. Their tech support is extremely slow to respond to inquiries, and bugs are rarely fixed (if ever). For comparison, Fillout offers near-instantaneous support.

5. Their core form product was the only update in the last few years, but they removed critical functionality that our clients depended on, and they increased the complexity of using it.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I just discovered that Fillout offers customizable images and text for when you share the link to social media, in text messaging, etc . This is a built-in feature of their Pro Plan.