cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathieu_Ruille1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi community,

It seems there is no possibility to delete comments made on records by other users.

I am the base manager (owner), and would appreciate the possibility to remove comments made by others without asking each person to delete their own comments. Some of them, furthermore, are not on the team anymore (no more access to base).

Any way to work around this limitation? Wouldn't it be useful to make base owners able to delete other collaborators' comments?

Thanks for your consideration

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mathieu_Ruille1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Feature requested, here: https://community.airtable.com/t5/product-ideas/delete-comments-made-by-other-users/idi-p/144376

If you share the same need as I do, feel free to give kudos to or support this feature request.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Hey @Mathieu_Ruille1

Currently, only Enterprise Admins have the ability to delete any user created comment within their entire enterprise account. Even then, it can only be done via the Web API and not through the expanded record interface.

I would definitely consider submitting a product request since this seems to be affecting your team's workflow.

@Ben_Young1 wrote:

I would definitely consider submitting a product request since this seems to be affecting your team's workflow.

Thanks for your feedback and confirmation, then I shall (submit a product request).
Though I have no idea where such submission takes place ???

The easiest way would be to post it in the Product Ideas section here in the Airtable Community.
This is great if you're looking to community engagement and added visibility.

You can also submit a feature request within the Airtable app itself via the Help section (accessible by clicking the Help button found at the top-right when looking at a base in Airtable.)

Mathieu_Ruille1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Feature requested, here: https://community.airtable.com/t5/product-ideas/delete-comments-made-by-other-users/idi-p/144376

If you share the same need as I do, feel free to give kudos to or support this feature request.

Hi Mathieu,
I am running into the same issue. Have you figured out a way to delete other users comments on a workspace? I am also the "owner" and I'd love to clean up the comments section every few months on our database.

Hi there,
Nope. I did not find any way around that, neither did I get any feedback from the feature request.
I'm just living with it, though it kills the purpose of "comments" on records, as I remain unable to stay up-to-date on records which require attention / action, and which are already dealt with.