636 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i have a list that i’d like to embed on my website, though do not want anyone to be able to copy or print it. i have turned off the ability to copy from the share settings and turned off the view controls. however the “view larger version” on the bottom right brings back the controls and the ability to print.

alternate question: can i turn off the “view larger version” feature? i also do not like the fact that it exposes the direct URL of the list/ view.

rant: it doesn’t make any sense why you’d have the setting to turn something off and then provide a way to users to override it.

also, is there a way to turn off the airtable branding in the embedded view? i am a paid subscriber and believe i should have the option to truly embed something without having to expose the underlying tool.

i see a thread asking about disabling print view from a couple of years ago, didn’t see it being addressed (Disable Print View).

tia,
sunny

2 Replies 2

Wow, that’s a great bug you’ve stumbled upon there that I’ve never noticed before. There seems to be several bugs with embedded views, including the EXACT OPPOSITE PROBLEM which is that you can NEVER get a toolbar to appear in mobile embedded views.

You may want to report these bugs directly to Airtable at support@airtable.com, but things are unlikely to change anytime soon because Airtable hasn’t updated embedded views in many years, and they are pretty closed off to listening to customer feedback.

Unfortunately, your only option here (outside of coding your own custom web app) is to pay an additional monthly fee for an external service that offers embedding of Airtable data, such as MiniExtensions.com, Softr.io, or GlideApps.com.

There are other tools out there that do this as well… so this is not an exhaustive list. Others might chime in with other tools that do the same thing.

p.s. If your company has a budget & you need to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you setup any of these external embedding tools, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.

thank you, @ScottWorld a lot of disappointing news here. seems like it’s time to move on from AT and start investing elsewhere.