3613 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikki_Georgopul
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have uploaded images as attachments to about 250 records in a base. Each one uploads without issue and I’m able to see the preview in grid view and the full image in gallery view. I checked each attachment as it was uploaded.

The problem is after the fact: now, about 25% of them are coming up as empty jpg icons in both views. When I attempt to open the image within an individual record, the same thing happens - a white box with the jpg icon and the file name.

Any insight? I’ve tried refreshing the base, but to no avail…

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone,

We have fully mitigated the attachment display issue and there should be no further impact to Airtable customers. We’ll continue to monitor until the upstream AWS issue has been fully resolved.

Thank you again for your patience!

See Solution in Thread

23 Replies 23
Suzi_Lebin

I’m currently experiencing the same thing. PDF files showing broken and unable to view them within Airtable, but I am able to download the full file intact

Greg_Johnston
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m having the same issue. Every attachment URL gives a 503 Error from CloudFront.

Robin_Crouch

We are experiencing the same issue. Just occurred today.

Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Same, all attachments reading throttle/cloud front error. Downloads sometimes working

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone, thanks for posting about this! And so sorry for the trouble – we’re investigating multiple reports (including yours) of issues with attachments displaying for some customers. Our engineers are actively investigating, and we’ll have more updates as soon as possible.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience! I’ll update in this thread once we know more.

Looks like my attachment accessibility is improving. Where I was 80/20 in favor of inaccessibility, now I am at 50/50.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

It appears this issue is related to intermittent outages from one of our service providers, Amazon Web Services. Our engineers are still actively working on the problem, and I’ll continue to update here.

Mine at least are back up. Thanks for the quick response.

Robin_Crouch

Most of our are back up… just checked another base and there are a few documents missing.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

For a quick update, we have resolved part of a degraded performance issue related to the broader AWS issue, however we are continuing to see issues with attachments display. Our engineers are still hard at work to fully resolve any remaining issues.

If you’d like to receive direct updates about this incident please check our status page for more information and to subscribe: https://status.airtable.com/

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone,

We have fully mitigated the attachment display issue and there should be no further impact to Airtable customers. We’ll continue to monitor until the upstream AWS issue has been fully resolved.

Thank you again for your patience!

Bernd_Grosskurt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello there,

I did not have this issue until a few hours ago, but not attachments (jpgs in my case) first do not display in gallery view and the after a few minutes disappear completely. I can make none stick.

Nick_Gatens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same as @Bernd_Grosskurth; was working recently - nothing will attach now.

Tried multiple methods:
• Web Clipper to bring an image into attachment field
• Copy/Paste image URL
• Download image to desktop and drag/drop
• Screenshot downloaded image, and upload by browsing and selecting file

Would think one of those options would eliminate any potential issues with the filetype/image size/image URL/etc.

What’s extra weird is that it renders the small paperclip preview thumbnail as if it’s uploading, but all of a sudden, the field will be highlighted green as if another user is modifying that field (but it’s my user image - as if I’m logged in on a 2nd computer editing that field). Then the paperclip thumbnail image disappears and the field is left blank as if I didn’t attempt to upload anything at all.

Bernd_Grosskurt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Mine is working again now.

lapdatcamera
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m currently experiencing the same thing. PDF files showing broken and unable to view them within Airtable, but I am able to download the full file intact

My images disappear from the Page Designer after a short time. I added them last night and this morning all images there are broken. How do I get the right URL for an image that resides in the same base so it stays in the Page Designer document?

thank you!

Randy_Batchelor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi we are having this same issue.

Crispin_Giles

Annnnd seems we're back with the same issue

@Jason as of two days ago I am seeing this bug resurface, again. This bug has been plaguing AT for years and was meant to be fixed. Any ideas? AWS again? 
Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you!

amberaguirre
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

All of my images/attachments have disappeared too.  Really!  This is horrible and has severly impacted my business/career.  Please respond/help asap!