4906 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Is there a way to show a button/option of Accept or Deny within the email using automation?
Currently, the email is sent with a link the reader clicks, that opens a form (duplicating the same info in the email) to make their selection.

9 Replies 9

Hello @Holli_Younger!

Could you walk me through the workflow you are using so I can better understand the context for the question? It sounds like you are using an email automation that opens a form but I’d love to know how ideally the button you’d like to have would be used?

Screenshots are always appreciated as well(especially for Automations) :slightly_smiling_face:

@Rose_K
Once a new record is inputted in the system and fits a certain condition the automation will run that sends an email. The project details are outlined in this email. Based on the details the recipient has an option to accept or decline the job. Currently, the only way I can see to do this is to add a link in the email that opens a form with the same information that is in the email. Instead of having the email recipient click on the link and read the same details, I’d like to have two buttons in my email that give the option to Accept or Decline with their choice populating inside of airtable.

Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

SS- 1

SS-2

Hello @Holli_YoungeHope,

Thank you so much for the screenshots! After looking into it - I believe the workflow you are looking for could only be accomplished using one of Airtable’s integration options. You should be able to make your workflow work by either using Zapier or using Integromat.

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions along the way I could assist with!

Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I understand how Zapier or Integromat will work but how can I add the buttons in the email using markdown?

I just checked it out and I don’t think you’ll be able to use a button, but you can include a link in your email automation by using an HTML Anchor tag.

It would something like:

<a href="YOURLINKHERE">Your message here</a>

You can also dynamically use your automation’s record values like so:
Demo+Lessonly+Base_+Employees+2021-04-26+at+9.52.22+AM

Would two links, instead of two buttons, work for your use case?

(Also- for additional Zapier context I wanted to include this support article which has some more info about setting up Airtable with Zapier)

As stated my current setup for Accept/Deny is under a dropdown, which doesn’t have multiple links associated? Can a dropdown be used in the email automation using HTML or Markdowns?

Unfortunately, we do not support creating dropdowns within our Email Automations at this time. After trying a few things, I believe sending an Airtable form may be the best choice of workflow if you’d like to keep the Accept/Deny in a dropdown format.

Sorry again for any confusion on my part, and let me know if I can help with anything else!

Kami_T
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Rose_K,

I'm in the process of developing an automated email response system, and I'm curious to find out if the feature I'm looking for is now accessible. Specifically, within Airtable, I'm wondering if it's currently feasible to design a pop-up drop-down menu that's connected to a specific tab within the database. This drop-down would activate upon clicking a button and would then automatically populate an email template. Essentially, I'm aiming to replicate the behavior of the drop-down list selection in Airtable's form completion process. Your insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your insights.