1451 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valentina_Schin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I would like to set up due dates in the simplest way and would like to be reminded in a selected time before. I have created the Due Dates tab, but I don’t know how to create a simple reminder, for example, a month before. Can anyone help me?

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, @Valentina_Schindler! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Create a formula field that subtracts one month from the due date. I’ll call this {Month Before Due}:

DATEADD({Due Date}, -1, "months")

Create an automation using the “When record matches conditions” trigger, with the condition being that {Month Before Due} is on or after today. For the action, you could send yourself an email with one of the email actions, or maybe a Slack message. Whatever you prefer.

Hi Justin, did you mean “on or before today”? I could be wrong here. :slightly_smiling_face:

“on or after” is what’s needed. @Valentina_Schindler wants to be reminded of a task/project one month before it occurs. The formula field creates that one-month-ahead date, and the automation needs to trigger after that date; i.e. once that month-ahead point is reached, not before.

@Justin_Barrett Right, so that means that today should be on or after the reminder date, correct?

So {Month Before Due} would be on or before today (instead of after). In other words, today would be on or after the reminder date, yes?

:man_facepalming:

Correct. It should be {Month Before Due} is on or before today. Once today passes that date, that condition will be true, and the automation will trigger.

Clearly I’m not braining well today

Valentina_Schin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Justin_Barrett and @ScottWorld. I am quiet new to AirTable and tried to implement what you suggested but I am totally lost. Is there any chance to have a quick call to set it up? Or to receive a detailed step by step guide? Thanks so much!

Hi @Valentina_Schindler,

I only work on a retainer basis of 10 hours prepaid in advance. So if you have a budget for your project and you feel like you’d benefit from having an expert Airtable consultant on-hand to use whenever you’d like, please feel free to contact me through my website at Scottworld.com:

My initial reply above (aside from the before/after flub) has most of the necessary details already. Just take it a step at a time. Start with the formula field. You’ll probably need to change the field reference, but the rest should work as-is. Let me know if you need help getting that working. Once that’s done, we can move on to the automation.