cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvoith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there!

I am trying to find a way to be able to duplicate a project with linked tasks that will create new duplicate tasks instead of being automatically linked to the old tasks.

Example I have Project R5 S5 Launch with all of it's tasks (Music, Edit, Filming, Sound) linked and named under that R5 S5 Launch. When I duplicate that project to a new project R5 S6 Launch it currents links all the tasks still to R5 S5 Launch tasks but I would like to be able to have the tasks duplicated and under the new project name as well.  

I saw that there might be a script that can do this but I have been unable to find it. Doesn't know have any suggestions? Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

I think this is the script you’re referring to? You will still need to copy and paste the tasks themselves into the new child records (or use an automation or scripting to do that for you), but they will be linked to the new project, not the old one.

Does the linked field in your tasks table - the one that links to your projects - allow for linking to multiple fields?

cvoith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I tired running the script it gave me this: "Linked record field must be of type linked record to parent table." I tired a similar automation needs a single field to be copied.

I currently have each task to be set/labeled a single select that has each type of task listed. In my case it's called "Task Name", with each selection being things like; Music, Edit, Sound, ETC. I seem to only be able to add the "Task Name" field once, but if I could add multiple that would possibly solve it?

I'm new to airtable so apologizes in advanced.

cvoith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also, just to add onto that, I'm mostly looking to be using the tasks as a way to build on a schedule using the gantt view. All of our projects will have the same tasks for the schedule.