Help

Re: Duplicating synched base breaks synchs?

879 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michele_Jenkin1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to create a template base with tables columns, automations, and synched tables that people can then duplicate to use on a per project basis (these are all very different projects with different biz units and we cannot just use one base for everything).

I set up a base to act as a template but when I duplicate it, the syncs are all showing as broken. it looks like I have to re-add all the synch links. Is there something I am missing or is this approach just not going to work? We have some people who have to roll this out multiple times and they will have to cut-and-paste like 12 links for each base.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

I don’t think it’s going to work as you want. When duplicating a base that contains tables that are synced to other bases—in other words, tables that are sync sources—those sync setups don’t get duplicated because (guessing) Airtable doesn’t know what other bases should be the recipients of those synced tables. However, if you duplicate a base that’s receiving a synced table from another base, that sync maintained in the duplicate base.