490 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Back in 2020, during the throes of the COVID-19 pandemic, Airtable decided to launch a relief program for organizations that were helping with relief efforts, providing a free Pro account. I applied for our organization and we were accepted. When I asked how long we would have the benefit, I was told by the staff that contacted me that there would be "no time limit". But last week I received the following email:

We’ve made some updates to our Airtable plans and will be rolling the changes out over the next few weeks. As a part of these plan changes, our Pro plan is becoming the Team plan, built for teams creating custom applications to support their shared workflows.

You are currently on a free Pro plan as a part of our COVID relief program, which we put in place in 2020 to help businesses stay connected through the changes brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. While we are so glad to have been able to provide this offer over the last three years, the time has come to retire our COVID relief program. 

We want to ensure that you do not have any service disruptions, so this change will not take effect until the end of the year. On January 1, 2024, we will migrate you to the new version of our Free plan to avoid increasing your Airtable bill. If you are currently over our Free plan limits, all of your data will still be available in Airtable, but you will not be able to add any more records or attachments unless you upgrade to a higher capacity plan. If you would like to move to Free, no action is required on your end—we’ll send you a confirmation email once your plan has transitioned. 

If you have enjoyed being on Pro and would like to retain the features and functionality you’ve been using, the new Team plan is very similar to the current Pro plan. We do currently offer the Team plan at a 50% discount for non-profits. You can apply for the non-profit discount through this form or upgrade to Team in workspace settings. 

While I can understand the choice to end the program, it seems wrong to have told us that there would be "no time limit" on it. I'm wondering if there are others here who were part of this program and were told the same thing. What do you think we should do?

Thanks!

Joel

2 Replies 2

You could argue that the pandemic technically isn't over, according to the World Health Organisation - but regardless, 3 years of a free pro account? You've had a good run, especially in the face of people like me who'd paid for the Pro Account without a pandemic waiver. Nothing lasts forever.

The point is that I directly asked how long we could expect to receive this benefit, and was told that there was no time limit on it. The benefit was for organizations that were directly helping with the pandemic, which we were.