1118 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron_Butler
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m an Airtable (though not spreadsheet/database) newbie and I’m considering the Pro package because the timeline view is essential for my project management. Is it possible to synch/export date ranges in the timeline, (e.g. Project A works from Jan 1 to Jan 15), to an external calendar (google of iCal), so that the same dates are blocked there as well? Or is there another way to do this on AirTable? I want to avoid entering project dates twice.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

You can add a calendar iCal link to you calendar app, and the events will appear there:

Also, you could create an event for every project with an automation service like Integromat.

Elias – Thanks so much for your help and your reply.

I’ve looked at that support article, and all the examples are for one specific event/date. I’d like to confirm that this synching works for a range of dates. So, if (using the Pro package) I entered a beginning date, and an ending date, resulting in a range of days (let’s say five days) on my timeline view for a particular project, would the synching feature operate the same way and create the identical range in my Apple or Google calendar?

Thanks again for your input, and for mentioning Integromat. (Going to look at that now… :slightly_smiling_face:

R

An event in Google Calendar can span for several days, so I think there should be no problem. I’m going to test it out :grinning_face_with_sweat:

This is my grid:

Grid

Calendar View:

Calendar View

Google Calendar:

Google Calendar

The only thing to note is that you need the Pro plan to use Date Ranges (end date on top of start date).

Ron_Butler

Elias –

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful, thorough, and illustrative reply! I agree, it looks like it works; (at least for Google Calendar – hopefully for Apple as well). This is exactly the info I needed before making the Pro plunge.

Again, much thanks for your help, and have a fantastic week.