1154 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello community, how would you go about exporting a table or even base's field names and IDs? In an ideal case, I would sync on intervals a sorted list of all fields and their properties, similar to how it's shown under manage fields. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Several people have written scripts that extract field IDs. I do not know which have been published or which match your use case. 

I wrote the "Field List" extension which extracts field IDs and additional info. On2Air Schemas extension provides even more info. Both extensions have different workflows and features. There is also a metadata script published by Airtable, but I have not used it and this cannot comment on it. 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

You can get all the fields and most of their properties from scripting. Either scripting extension (manually) or scripting automation action. You can also get much of the info using the web api. 

Thanks! On marketplace and on the board, I couldn't find a ready-made solution. Do you whether such a solution exists? 

Several people have written scripts that extract field IDs. I do not know which have been published or which match your use case. 

I wrote the "Field List" extension which extracts field IDs and additional info. On2Air Schemas extension provides even more info. Both extensions have different workflows and features. There is also a metadata script published by Airtable, but I have not used it and this cannot comment on it.