cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonAirtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I’m wanting to know if its possible to have a single extension access multiple bases concurrently?

My situation involves analyzing more than 50k records at a time and generating a graph based on those records. I will have 15+ bases and each are identical in structure. Each base has 50k records (pro plan). General structure of those bases is listed below (or you can see the base directly). The bases I am sharing just show a few rows (not 50k) to make this problem easier to review.

I know a synced table is what would generally allow you to sync multiple bases into 1. I’ve confirmed if I do that I can achieve the desired graphs/extensions in a single base (provided the record limit is not exceeded). But even with a pro plan I am limited to 50k records for the base, even if those records are synced. So this is not feasible.

Is there an alternative way that would work better? Right now I am considering using a local database to host and store my raw data. And then I would use Airtable to pull from and do analysis on that data. But my preference would be to have everything in Airtable.

Please let me know if there is a better community I should post this in!

Community 1 base: Airtable - Community1 – This has the extension active that shows the graph I want.
Community 2 view: Airtable - Community2

Structure:
Base: Community1. Table: Reviews
Fields:
Product ID: Unique ID for the product. There are many reviews for each Product iD.
Rating: Integer
Count: Integer
Type of Rating: Single select

Base 2 (“Community2”) would follow the same structure.

2 Replies 2
BeUni_Tecnologi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey, did you have any advancements in this problem? Currently i am facing the same issue ,where I want to create a multibase architecture, if you have any insights, please do share. 

If you want to, I would love to connect over linkedin so that we can discuss our experience!
My LinkedIn 

BeUni_Tecnologi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One thing that I was thinking, that might be able to help you in this exercise, is to have an 16th base, where it's responsibility is to agregate relavant data from the other bases. In this 16th base, you would have a table for the bases, which points to your other bases (only textually, not a linked record, or sync) 
then, in another table, you can create a logic where, via API, you send pre-computed summaries, relavant to the data that you are trying to extract insights from. Then, you use these two tables, together with your extension, to gather and show relevant data. 

Hope this can be Useful!