Help

Re: Finding all words/strings from a column in a text and showing which keywords where found

580 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedikt_Just
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Airtable Community,

Although I figured out a lot and learned to do amazing things in airtable [we use it as our CMS for our online magazine] I need some help with this situation:

Here is a screenshot of parts of our database:
Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 11.09.26 AM

We need an easy way to find where we can add interlinking to our articles [so like in wikipedia that keywords link to other articles]. Think this way:
Article XYZ is about ‘emotional self-care’. [e.g. line 5 in the screenshot].
Now we want to find where in all our other articles we mention ‘emotional self-care’.
If we find this keyword/anchor text in an article, we know we can insert a link to the article xyz there.

I would approach it like this, but don’t know if this makes sense and is possible:
The main text of the article is in column ARTICLE_BODY.
And we have a column with the keywords/anchor texts we are looking for [column int-link-anchor].

Is it possible to build a function/or script that would:
go through each main text and look FOR ALL the keywords [in column int-link-anchor] from all articles - and then output a list of all the keywords that were found in one article?

In other words:
in line 1 the feature would first try to find ‘chakra healing’ in the ARTICLE_BODY, then if nothing found - output nothing.
then look for ‘crown chakra’ - if found, output ‘crown chakra’,
then look for ‘crystal singing bowl’, if found, add ‘crystal singing bowl’ to the existing ‘crown chakra’ … and so on.
in the end we would have a column where for each article, it would show all the keywords that were found.

then we can either add the links manually, or even build a replace/substitute function.
but the first part is crucial: to find all the keywords.
that would be a huge help as the articles get more and more.

I hope I explained it well enough … and it would be so great to hear your ideas!
Thanks & with kind regards,
Benedikt

4 Replies 4

Yes, it is possible to build a script as you describe.

Are you looking to write the script yourself or would you hire someone to write the script?

You may need to make some compromises on what matches. For example, “ emotional self-care” does not match “ emotional self care” because of the different punctuation. Another approach could be to have a keywords table with linked record fields. This would not need a script, but might allow for deeper insights.

Hello kuovonne,

Thank you for your help. I’m aware of the specificity in regards to the keywords [self-care vs self care].
I cannot code this myself, so we need someone to do this for us.
I was also thinking about linked records, but wasn’t able to figure out how to do this.
Would you be able to do this?
We need to hire someone who can help us this this.

If you are interested in hiring me to write a script for provide additional advice regarding using a table of keywords, please book an appointment with me to discuss your needs.

Hi kuovonne,
Sounds good. I’m on my way back to the US and will contact you early next week then.
Best
Benedikt