1086 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi our team uses form view to get status updates from people. We have people table, project table, then status update table that joins things together, and I use a formula to eventually display only the latest update.

We’d like to get some finer grain on the update though. For example say we have John, Sally, and Bob giving updates. And we have Project1, Project2. In each of project1 and project2 we have possible categories of work being say, “prerequisites”, “training”, “execution”, “delivery”.

Right now our form collects only name & project, and that’s it. But for example if John is working on “delivery” for Project1, we want to know that level of detail as well.

I’m having trouble understanding how I could do this in airtable forms. In Google forms the checkbox grid would come in handy. But I don’t know how to to pull this off in airtable. I tried an automation to create records in another table when form was submitted but then I hit the wall of multiple projects being CSV separated and so I could not split & transpose them into new rows.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Hi @corb
Can you add a single or multi select drop down with each Category as an option? The person filling out the form will select the option from the list.

corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So the issue w that idea is I already have a multi-select field for project. So a person may choose that they’re working on 3 projects. Then if there is a multi-select field for task-type, then there’s no way to know which task type goes with which project. An example…

In project1, Bob needs to work on prereqs & setup today (1 project, 2 task categories). In project 2 he needs to work on delivery today as well (1 project, 1 task category).

This form response would show:

Project field: Project1, Project2
Task field: Prereqs, Setup, Delivery

corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would there be any way to use a multi-select, but on Form Submit - spawn a number of records? Say the user selects 3 projects in a multi-select field, could I take that 3 CSV field and pivot it and inject 3 rows?

Hey there,

You might look at On2Air Forms for your project forms. You can create filters so that once a person selects a specific project, you can then set it to display other fields from your base that they need to complete.

Here’s an example:

Glad to give you a demo and walk you through how this would work if you’re interested. Schedule a demo