cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnicaT
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi!
I have a Long text field that has 1-52 lines.
Each line starts with either [ ] or [ x ] and is then followed by 10 digits (at present).

1. How would I “magically” disapear all lines starting with [ x ] using a formula?

2. Is there a way to "disapear " a whole line from [ x ] to \n without knowing the amount of caracters inbetween? That would be ideal if possible.

I need to “disapear” lines from top to bottom (first line 1, then line 2, then line 3 and so on…) and not at random through the entire field if that makes any difference.

I have tried various “solutions”, but haven’t found what I need. I’m probably nesting/combining it incorrectly and by now I’ve stared myself blind at the problem trying to get it right. I would greatly appreciate any and all help I could get.

14 Replies 14

Unfortunately not. That would require the ability to parse dates individually from within a full list of dates, which Airtable cannot do.

Thank you for answering. I figured it would have troubles doing that, which is why I went the other route from the start. It’s nice though to have it confirmed that my hunch and grasp of things, even in my noob-dom, were’nt that far off or even off at all.

Thank you SOOO much for your help! Truly, thank you!

AnnicaT
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Justin_Barrett

Is there a way to in the {Remining} substitute the [ ] so you get the text sans the brackets?
I’ve been trying and can get it to accept the code, but it isn’t working as I intended (removing the actual brackets) which tells me that I’m most likely nesting it incorrectly.

Wrap a SUBSTITUTE() function around the formula above.

SUBSTITUTE(MID(Original, FIND("[ ]", Original), 100000), "[ ] ", "")

@Justin_Barrett
That explains it. I tried wrapping it the other way, SUBSTITUTE on the inside. sigh

Thank you so much for all your help!

Happy New Year! May fortune bless you in the new year and decade. :champagne: :clinking_glasses: