1893 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

After reading this topic about tracking an airtable iFrame, I looked deeper into if its possible to track interactions within an iframe through scripting. I read a few articles, but this one explained most clearly that it’s not possible:

Note: To reiterate, you need developer access to the iframe in question . This means the source website’s code, not the iframe HTML on your website. 80% of the cases I see where people are struggling with tracking iframes are simply not possible. Without access to the iframe in question, you cannot install any tracking code.

Since I don’t have access to the source for the embedded form, I can’t do tracking.

My organization is relying heavily on airtable, especially for volunteer signup forms. We’d like to know how our forms are doing in terms of converting potential volunteers, but right now we’re blind because Airtable doesn’t integrate with Google Analytics.

Another tool we use, Donorbox, also relies on embedded iframes, but has an option to input a Google Analytics tracking snippet to append to their embed code. The way that works is documented here.

Is airtable likely to build this sort of integration at some point? If not, is there another form app that integrates closely with airtable that does? I looked at JotForm but it doesn’t have the level of analytics we’re looking for.

1 Reply 1
Jon_Techilovsky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can get around this by creating the form in HTML instead of embedding the default Airtable iframe. This video explains how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJz2k9tT8c

The main limitation is that you cannot add attachments via the HTML form which is quite annoying. But if your form doesn't need attachments uploading, its a very good solution. 

I have recently discovered that it is possible to use new Airtable Automation trigger (webhook) as a way to gather submissions from any type of HTML form. The webhook trigger as of making of this video is still in ALPHA stage, so there might be updates, but general concepts should remain true ...