Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Google Vision extension - is it possible to retrieve the dominant colours

Solved
Jump to Solution
1011 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionnh
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The Google Vision API extension offered by Airtable works well enough if one wants to retrieve labels, logos and texts from an image. 
However, the Google API offers other capabilities, such as tagging offensive images and, what interests me most, calculating the dominant colours of an image or suggesting cropping possibilities. The Airtable extension doesn't seem to give access to any of this.
Is there something out there already that might allow me to retrieve those extra features and insert them into a field in my database ?
Thanks.

fionnh_0-1701854733244.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, this is super easy to do with Make’s Google Cloud Vision integrations & automations for AirtableCoincidentally, I have two of my biggest Airtable consulting clients using this on a daily basis.

If you’ve never used Make before, you’ll need to spend some time learning how to use the platform, because it has a bit of a learning curve. I’ve assembled a bunch of helpful training resources in this thread:.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, this is super easy to do with Make’s Google Cloud Vision integrations & automations for AirtableCoincidentally, I have two of my biggest Airtable consulting clients using this on a daily basis.

If you’ve never used Make before, you’ll need to spend some time learning how to use the platform, because it has a bit of a learning curve. I’ve assembled a bunch of helpful training resources in this thread:.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

fionnh

That defintely looks as though it could work. Thanks for the tip and the resources ! This is a homebrew project for a hobby, but still it could lead to greater things.