536 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dolligan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I want to give my collaborators Editor-level permissions to only some Views in my Base, but I only seem to be able to give this permission level at the Base level, rather than per-view.
I seem to be able to share individual Views as “read-only” (via links), but not with Editor permission.
Is this a restriction of Airtable?

3 Replies 3
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Afraid so. You can really only close off portions of a base via the read-only links (they can also use forms to add one row of data at a time).

If the data isn’t sensitive, you could try encouraging other users to create private rather than shared views. But permissions and view clutter have both been pain points for my team.

Someone motivated enough could try linking up multiple bases to get around all of this. But that’s an undertaking that involves external tools.

I’m trying to determine how I can give the editor the ability to sort and view the data as they choose, but limit the ability to edit records. Collaborators can view but can’t sort and such. Is there an advanced permission level I can tweak…I assume not, but I thought I would ask.

Have a look at the permission docs