Help

Re: How can I identify the first view created in a table? (Needed to reorder fields in linked record

414 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caitlyn_Irwin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm trying to reorder the fields in one of my tables so that when viewing them via a linked record, they are organised in relation to how we use them.

It's my understanding that to do this, you need to reorder the fields via the first view that was created in that table. I guess that view is essential the 'master view' in that table.

I've been successful at doing this for several tables already, but only by coincidence. Upon deleting some views in the other tables, a view that was only accessible by another user would appear in the view list. I was able to select the view to see the content but couldn't make any changes as it was locked to that user. I reached out to them and they changed it to a collaborative view, where I then reordered the fields and they showed correctly when looking at the linked record from another table.

I've tried doing that on the table where I'd like to reorder the fields, but no extra views are showing up. I'm thinking that the 'master view' is already collaborative, but with so many views, I can't pinpoint which one it is.

Is there a quick way to identify which was the first view created in that table?

Or is there another way to reorder the fields in linked records?

1 Reply 1

Hm, I just tested this and it takes the first view in the list, not the first view that was created

And so in the following scenario, any changes we made to the "Grid view" view fields would be utilized when accessing linked records from this table

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 4.02.00 PM.png
And if we wanted the field setup from "Grid 2" to be used in our linked records, then we'd just need to drag Grid 2 to be the first view in the list like so:

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 4.04.53 PM.png

I'm wondering whether the issue you're facing is to do with someone having a personal view that you can't see being the first view?  Not sure though