Help

Re: How can you connect BigQuery tables to Airtable?

4603 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_McD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey there!

So I am trying to figure out if this is even possible, we are trying to hook up some database tables (BigQuery) to airtable. I have gone through the API docs and I see there could be a method of uploading JSONs periodically to airtable, but I feel like there are a lot of limitations there. I’m wondering if anyone has done something similar to this?

We use our database as a source of truth, and ideally want to clone the tables from there so that they can be used in airtable freely.

Any thoughts / advise is appreciated, thanks!

4 Replies 4

I would check out Integromat, which has full BigQuery support:

You need to define “can be used in Airtable freely”, but assuming this is a read-only utilization, it’s relatively simple if you are comfortable with script actions and webhooks.

You need an Airtable webhook to listen for Big Query change events and act on those events (with a script action) to pull updated rows from your various Big Query tables using its API.

You could use something like Integromat but there are some downsides - choose wisely.

Ernestostvo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I stumbled upon your post and thought I might be able to help. Although I haven't tried connecting BigQuery tables to Airtable before, I found a resource that might be useful for you. I came across a guide on how to integrate Google BigQuery with Airtable, which could potentially help you clone your tables from your database into Airtable.
The guide explains how you can use Google Apps Script and the BigQuery API to transfer data from BigQuery tables to Airtable. It seems like a straightforward process that involves setting up the script, configuring your Airtable base and API key, and defining your BigQuery SQL query. You can find more details and a step-by-step guide in the link I provided.

MichaelTomar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

You can use the Skyvia cloud data integration platform to connect BigQuery and Airtable with no coding. It is freemium