Help

How do I add a "multiple select" option to a group of records? (Pictures linked because this title is confusing)

Solved
Jump to Solution
747 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky_Huang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As you can see from the image, I want to add a drop down option to multiple records. Is that possible? If not I need to manually select for a lot of records…

Screenshot (709)_LI

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

@Vicky_Huang

You could also enter the single select option for the first record, and with that field selected either:

• Grab the dot at the bottom right corner and drag it down to auto-fill any other cells below it

OR

• CMD/CTRL + C to copy the value, then select all the other cells you want to fill and CMD/CTRL + V to paste that same value into all the other cells at once

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hi @Vicky_Huang and welcome to the community!

It is not possible to get a dropdown within a linked record field. In my experience, if you know what to link by heart, starting to type and then “enter” is probably the quickest way.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

@Vicky_Huang

You could also enter the single select option for the first record, and with that field selected either:

• Grab the dot at the bottom right corner and drag it down to auto-fill any other cells below it

OR

• CMD/CTRL + C to copy the value, then select all the other cells you want to fill and CMD/CTRL + V to paste that same value into all the other cells at once

Thank you so much! You just saved me hours of work :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: