Help

Re: How do I change my community display name.

99 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airtable
5 - Automation Enthusiast

How do I change my community display name.

When I established my community profile a few years ago, I inadvertently picked -airtable- as my display name.

I need to change this because community members think I am AirTable when, in fact, I am just a customer. I am getting tagged on all sorts of discussions, and you guys are NOT getting tagged.

How can I change this.

5 Replies 5

Click the profile icon at the top right and then hit "My settings".  You should then see a textbox to input your new username

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 10.45.41 AM.png

MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm also helping with this! Folks can always DM me if they're in a similar situation and need assistance. Thanks so much @TheTimeSavingCo

I have looked 3 or 4 times and as far as I can see there is no capability to change the display name in 'My Settings', unless I am missing something. Which sub-menu must I click?

airtable

Hi Maddie, have you been able to find a solution to this dilemma?

Ahh, yeah I had a similar issue to yours.  In order to change usernames the account needs the forum ranking of "Contributor" and above (mentioned here), and my account didn't have it tagged for some reason.  I reached out to one of the forum moderators at the time (now retired) and they helped me sort it out!