Help

How do I use my micro table (such as states) across multiple bases with having the sync links back in the origin?

Topic Labels: Sync
550 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronni_Eloff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here is the use case scenario (I LOVE SYNC btw)

I have a bunch of micro tables which I use as lists across the Company for different departments bases

States
Countries
Month Number/Name 01-Jan
Industry names

I don’t care to track back to the micro table who is using them as they are there to cut down misspellings, and keep continuity for how some fields need to be presented.

Is there a setting I am not understanding how to make it where the origin table that was shared to sync does not contain all the different entries across multiple tables and multiple bases.

The reason I am doing it this way is in Excel I am able to point to one location for a list feature - it is the master list I only need to update and all the spreadsheets that use this list get the new information to be able to utilize.

For example Our business is a Movement.

We have a CRM - I have a table for each of the following: Contacts, Companies, Communities, Organizations - they all have State/Prov and Country Fields in them.

Originally we have forms for each - that the State and Country field was the single line text so the person entering could add whatever…

I was getting tired of the information in that form being inconsistent, So I went to Single Select, - And we were getting new provinces since we are an international movement, so that meant on the form I had a conditional if they couldn’t find the Province or Country they could add that information in.

But updating each of the 4 tables as we got new data was a BEAR!!!

So I made a shared micro table and turned all those fields into lookups/linked. So when I update - it updates all the others.

But I don’t want the linkback information in the micro table. It’s just a list that I want to make my life easier.

1 Reply 1
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello @Ronni_Eloff,

Adam from Airtable here.

I’m still a little confused about some aspects of your main question above. Would you be able to make a brief video walkthrough of the issue using Loom or CloudApp? I find that having the full visual usually helps to shore up any confusion.

Thanks and I’ll circle back if you end up posting again.

Cheers~~