Help

Re: How do you manage airtable with a team?

473 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincent_Tang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m just curious what other peoples workflows are here?

I am using airtable just for myself right now, since its easier for to completely setup and manage the data on my end.

But how would I go about collaborating when I start adding team members who can edit these airtable files?
For now its just going to be 1 additional user adding data

My major concerns are the following:

• The other user being added on here, some of their data isn’t up to my standards so its considered slightly “garbage” data in my mind. It doesn’t meet the high level standards I set out, so I need to keep a close eye on this data.

This is mostly for a product database.

How exactly would I go about ensuring my data is as clean as possible?

Which feature would I use:

• Collaboration / revision history checkups?
  • Personal table views ($24/plan)? (only give permissions to edit certain parts of the table?)
  • Rigid referential integrity enforcements? (I don’t know how this works yet though)

Could someone possibly chime in on how they set up airtable for their company to ensure quality data control, from a management perspective?

2 Replies 2
Trevor_Hawley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable may be the best and absolute worst software I’ve ever encountered due to the entire lack of consideration of compartmentalization between departments and hierarchical levels. Blows my mind.

I have NO idea how anyone is collaborating using this software, yet it’s so close to being perfect.

You can’t limit visibility for collaborators who you need to edit data in your base. And guess who needs to be able to edit data in your base: everyone you work with, including employees… BUT… can’t restrict their view access.

So that means have to create different bases for managers, and different bases for executives for a single department alone. BUT - can’t link bases!!! So how are you supposed to get any sort of top level view of your business data?? :expressionless:

At end of my rope here with this software it’s just almost so, SO good yet is nearly unusable due to the total lack of consideration of how businesses are structured it is just … makes me sad inside. You could fix 2 features and it would be the best thing in the world. Please fix your ability to either 1) collaborate better via view restriction in a base & tables OR 2) link bases together.

Until then it’s a logistical contradiction.

has this been updated?