1081 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Laufer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have three tables, States, Cities, Streets. A street is linked to only one city, and a city is linked to only one state. Of course, a state has multiple cities, and a city has multiple streets. How do I get a view/interface to show every unique combination from the three tables, one per row?
For example:
Texas - Houston - Main Street
Texas - Houston - State Street
Texas - Dallas - 1st Ave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ridha_Dhaouadi

Hello
According to what I understood, each row of the table “Streets” is already the unique combination.
You only have to display The field “Country” (which should have as type “Link to another record”), then “City” (which also should have as type “Link to another record”), and then “street name” (probably “Single line text field”).
You can set which fields to display and how to sort them in the “Hidden fields” menu.

When your view is properly set, You can record it.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Ridha_Dhaouadi

Hello
According to what I understood, each row of the table “Streets” is already the unique combination.
You only have to display The field “Country” (which should have as type “Link to another record”), then “City” (which also should have as type “Link to another record”), and then “street name” (probably “Single line text field”).
You can set which fields to display and how to sort them in the “Hidden fields” menu.

When your view is properly set, You can record it.

If the “Country” is already linked to the city, then its type in your street table should be “Lookup”.
=> a street is linked to a city, and the city is linked to the country, then the street is linked to the country through the city to which it is related.

Thank you, Ridha! I was looking “top-down” instead of “bottom-up” – the Streets table does show the unique data row by row, though the columns aren’t in the order I’m looking for (State-City-Street). I can fix that with an additional column with a formula that equals the primary field. A little bit of a kludge, but it will work. Thank you!