cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pierre_Suchaud
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to search in all the fields of a linked tab when you are in the other tab. Right now, all I can do is search inside the primary field, which is not very convenient.

For example : I want to add a client in my tab. He is of course in the other linked tab. I don’t remember the name of his company but I remember his family name. In the same time, I also want to add a client, whose name I don’t remember, with his company name. To add them both, I should have write the company name and the family name in the primary field in the first place (although it is already written is the next fields), for each client. That seems odd regarding all the things you can do with Airtable.

I must add that I’m using the free version right now (not for long though), so maybe it’s because of that?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Pierre_Suchaud!

Unfortunately, Airtable has never offered this very important capability, and I would highly recommend writing support@airtable.com about adding this feature. Historically, they have not listened to customer feedback, but you never know when their management will change and their internal policies will change.

You have a few options to address this:

1. You can create a formula field as your primary field, which combines all the different fields that you might want to search. it’s not pretty, but it works.

2. You can use the On2Air: Amplify app, which offers this feature. Then you would do your data entry in the app window, instead of the main Airtable interface.

Pierre_Suchaud

Thank you very much for answering @ScottWorld !
I’ll write to support@airtable.com : you’re right, we never know, it could actually help.

I think I’ll use the first solution you offered me. Could you show me an exemple of a formula?

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Best

Your formula could look like whatever you want, but it could be something as simple as this:

{Field 1} & " / " & {Field 2} & " / " & {Field 3}

Pierre_Suchaud

Thank you very much for helping, it’s not perfect but it works just fine !