Help

Re: How to set primary field to current datetime in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SSSS format, when a new record is created?

643 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prem
5 - Automation Enthusiast

On setting the Primary Field formula to DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(), ‘YYYY-MM-DD.HH:MM:SSSS’), and inserting new record, the time stamp of every record in Primary Field changes. ( images# 1a, 1b, 1c ) See time stamp in images #1b (before) and #1c (after). After a new record is inserted, time stamp of all records have changed and not just the time stamp in latest inserted record, image #1c

Wondering if this is just a display issue, but on using formula DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(), ‘x’), where x is for Unix millisecond time stamp, the millisecond time stamp also changes in every record when a new record is inserted. ( images# 2a, 2b, 2c ) See time stamp in images #2b (before) and #2c (after). After a new record is inserted, time stamp of all records have changed and not just the time stamp in latest inserted record, image #2c

*This also bring up a question, is Primary Field for every record supposed to be unique? How is same data allowed in for a Primary Field column of all the records?

Is my formula or display format wrong or this is a bug?

Is there a way to see the timestamp when the record was created?

airtable-community-image-1610120545.png

I am a new member here, so allowed only 1 image. If the composite image is not clear, let me know, I will include all 6 images separately in 6 replies or send the images to support.

2 Replies 2
prem

Thanks @Arlo_Haskell, Using CREATED_TIME() instead of NOW() definitely does solve my problem.