3445 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacie_Pineda
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I use Airtable in a very basic way. The only integration I have is via Zapier and emails. No formulas at this time. Is there a way to incorporate a calendar that will send a reminder. In my real estate business I will have certain dates that require attention in keeping the transaction on track. I’d like those dates to ding, ring, clang as reminders across email, on airtable, etc. This seems so elementary so surely I’m missing something?

11 Replies 11

I’d suggest to create a View to Filter those records, and automate a reminder with Zapier or Integromat.

How do I create a “View to Filter”?

Hi Stacie, You can create a different view that filters out fields you don’t want to see. But I don’t think this is necessary for simple reminders. You will need a date field though for Zapier to look at. You could also create a formula field that says: “If the difference between today and the due date is within 30 days, then set the field to ‘Needs Review!’” Then a Zapier integration could watch records with the “Need Review!” tag and send you an email notification whenever it finds one.

IF(DATETIMEDIFF(TODAY(), {Your Date Field}, 'days') <= 30, "Needs Review!", "Looks Good")

Is it just me or is this a fairly complicated process? Why doesn’t Airtable just have a built in reminder/calendar?

So you make the filter on Zapier? I think it’s cleaner with a View because you does not need the extra field (unless you have too few fields and too much views).

You have Calendar type for Views, but it has no reminders:

You can suscribe to the iCal link that the View offers, and then configure Reminders in your calendar app:

Jesse_DigitalFu

Hey Stacie!

I specialize in workflow automation in real estate and can definitely help out with what you’re asking about here. Do you have 15 minutes to hop on a call so we can screen-share and I can walk you through this?

Feel free to shoot me an email at jesse@digitalfusion.io and we can set something up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!
Jesse

Ludwig_Coleman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A software that offers to do so much…but doesn’t offer a calendar reminder. WHAT A JOKE

If we were talking about a calendar application, I would agree. However, we’re talking about a database, and calendar reminders are not (to my knowledge) commonly part of database software. While Airtable does have a calendar view, it’s not intended to act as, or replace, a fully-functional calendar application. To my knowledge, the devs have never even hinted at Airtable’s calendar acting as a replacement for a dedicated calendar app.

You’re not wrong, however it is a pretty common feature with any program utilizing a calendar option of any kind. It could be a simple addition that could also allow a push notification to our device via the airtable app.

This could help immensely with our operations seeing as we utilize Airtable for both a CRM as well as task and project management.

It would be nice to see this added :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Pretty common in apps with calendars? I’ll grant that. Nice to have? Sure. However, the “WHAT A JOKE” comment (which was the main target of my reply) gave me the impression that @Ludwig_Coleman felt that a calendar reminder should be an essential feature in Airtable. If we were talking about a missing core feature of database software, then expressing such shock wouldn’t be surprising. But effectively mocking the developers of database software for not including a specific calendar feature is IMO a bit rude, and not a very effective way to make your preferences known.

That is a much better approach. :slightly_smiling_face: