Help

Re: How to share a view with "editor" possibilities?

6668 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amandine_Steppe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I’m using AirTable with my clients.
I created a base for each clients. One view in this base is a kind of “workspace”, shared with my client.
I wanna share with him this view, allowing him to edit things, upload and download files, write questions if he needs help.
How can I do this ?

• I tried to share the view but there’s no “editing” option : it is possible ?
  • OR do I need to create a specific base as a workspace to share it with Editor functions ?

Many thanks for your answers and sorry for my english :slightly_smiling_face:
Amandine

9 Replies 9

Hi @Amandine_Steppe,

Welcome to Airtable Community ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

In order to allow anyone to edit in a table you have to add them as a collaborator the base. Please check this help article about collaborators permissions so you have more idea about it.

Please note that if you are on a Plus or Pro plan, collaborators with editing permissions are billable.

BR,
Mo

Abdulrahman_Alz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We made a tool that allows you to share a URL to an Airtable view with specific control over what fields and records are shown. This allows you to share a URL with your client to edit some data, without having to give them access to your base.

Amandine_Steppe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you Mohamed, thank you Abdulrahman for your answers !
I finally found the simpler solution : I created a new base, dedicated to my client, with a unique view.
Many thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Does your unique view still allow your clients to edit

Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Airtable seems to have just rolled this out. They are yet to make a formal announcement

What do you mean? Can you edit a Public View?

I am looking to share a public view and allow viewers to select some fields that will change some calculations.

the feature was erroneously released and shortly rescinded there after. there is a post from airtable apologizing about it. There are plenty of third part tools which facilitate this. One is mini extensions.

Would you be able to provide the names of some of the third party tools that allow for this? I want to try mini extensions however their pricing scheme is quite stupid by forcing users to have to pay for the entire platform when i’ve no doubt most users only use one or two of their extensions. If you could list some of the others I would love to test them out

Alternative to AirTable with unlimited internal and external users: knack.com

Alternative to MiniExtensions at a similar (high) cost: WhaleSync