cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz_Miller
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I want to create a field that will change based on the results of a single select field.

For example, my single select options are [1, 2, 3, 4]. In another field I want to report options [A, B, C, D]. I want to choose A if the next column is 1, B if the single select option is 2, C if the single select option is 3, etc.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

This second field would need to be a formula. You could use something like this:
SWITCH({Single Select Field Name}, '1', 'Option A', '2', 'Option B', '3', 'Option C', '4', Option D')

A SWITCH() formula like the one above tests one input value against a defined set of possible values, then reports one outcome depending on which value matches the input.

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

This second field would need to be a formula. You could use something like this:
SWITCH({Single Select Field Name}, '1', 'Option A', '2', 'Option B', '3', 'Option C', '4', Option D')

A SWITCH() formula like the one above tests one input value against a defined set of possible values, then reports one outcome depending on which value matches the input.

Liz_Miller

Thanks! I tried this with a single entry and it worked, however when I scaled it up I get an error message and am told that its not a valid formula.

This is what I entered.

SWITCH( {Umbrella Elective}, “Discovering the Arts (for 1 elective)”, 100, “Discovering the Arts (for 2 electives)”, 100, “Exploring the World Around Us (for 1 elective)”, 200, “Exploring the World Around Us (for 2 electives)”, 200, “Health and Physical Education (for 1 elective)”, 300, “Health and Physical Education (for 2 electives)”, 300, “Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) (for 1 elective)”, 400, “Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) (for 2 Electives)”, 400, “World Languages and Cultures (for 1 elective)”, 500, “World Languages and Cultures (for 2 electives)”, 500, 0)

The error was due to the quotation marks being in the wrong font.

Jenna_Simmons
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone!

I am having a similar problem where I want the responses to be an equation, is this possible. I tried to do it with an IF statement but that just put the text of the formula in the cell.

For example I have single selects for (Account Management, Paid Ads) and for this column I want IF account management is selected it to find 25% of the Monthly Payment field.

I tried this:

IF({Type of Management}=‘Account Management’,’({Monthly Payment}*.25)’,‘0’)

It worked except it didn’t run the {Monthly Payment}*.25 formula

Any help? Is this even possible?

Remove the quotation marks from everything, except the words Account Management.

SCOTT! You’re the best thank you so so much!

Ha, thanks! You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Peter_Nelson2

How about using a Single Select field to set multiple values in a Multi-Select field?
For example, single select values are 1,2,3.
Multiselect field values are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I

When you chose 1 in the single select set the multi select field to A, B, C
When you chose 2 in the single select set the multi select field to E, E, F
When you chose 3 in the single select set the multi select field to G, H, I

Best way to accomplish this?