696 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Office_Manager
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am creating an IF formula in the Primary field so I know which apartment my maintenance manager was in, doing what, on what date. I have a table that breaks it down by per suite so it is organized.

I have this as my formula:
Suite & “: " & Comments & " - " & IF({Date Completed}, " (” & DATETIME_FORMAT({Date Completed}, ‘ll’) & “)”)

I copied and pasted it from a sample but it puts the date in brackets. I don’t want brackets around the date. I cannot figure out which parenthesis to eliminate. I have tried different ones but then I cannot save it due to errors in the formula. Is there a way to do this formula so the date is not in (bracketed)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there @Office_Manager!

The bolded parts of the formula below are what’s causing the parentheses to appear in your result:

Suite & “: " & Comments & " - " & IF({Date Completed}, " (" & DATETIME_FORMAT({Date Completed}, ‘ll’) & “)”)

Without them, your formula should look like this:

Suite & “: " & Comments & " - " & IF({Date Completed}, DATETIME_FORMAT({Date Completed}, 'll'))

The ampersands “&” act as a way of concatenating bits of the formula together. For example, you could write a formula like…

"Hello" & " " & "World"

This would return “Hello World”.

I hope this helps!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there @Office_Manager!

The bolded parts of the formula below are what’s causing the parentheses to appear in your result:

Suite & “: " & Comments & " - " & IF({Date Completed}, " (" & DATETIME_FORMAT({Date Completed}, ‘ll’) & “)”)

Without them, your formula should look like this:

Suite & “: " & Comments & " - " & IF({Date Completed}, DATETIME_FORMAT({Date Completed}, 'll'))

The ampersands “&” act as a way of concatenating bits of the formula together. For example, you could write a formula like…

"Hello" & " " & "World"

This would return “Hello World”.

I hope this helps!

Office_Manager
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for the help - it worked!

I think I was not matching the correct parentheses.