3866 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate_Aldworth
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to reduce the number of key depressions in my database. I have a number of clients and we have a different pay structure for each of them. I need a formula that would work something like this;

IF=Client [STR], “£15”
IF=Client [PRH], “£12.50”

But I can’t seem to get it to work. IF functions confuse the h*ll out of me!

Thanks in advance

Kate

10 Replies 10

Thanks for hanging in there with me, guys!

@Justin_Barrett: Yeah, I understand. Actually the first version of the formula looked like that. When the formula kept being rejected as invalid by the formula editor, I started trying different things. And then I stumbled on Airtable’s way of logically joining two conditions – the AND() function – and decided to give it a try. As I said this wasn’t a real formula in a real-world base that’s actually doing anything useful. It’s a playroom or testing lab. But yeah, I understand, and of course you are right, the complications with the date ranges were unnecessary, not to mention that they make debugging the formula harder. :slightly_smiling_face:

@W_Vann_Hall: I hadn’t thought of that. I just learned about Brackets the other day from @AlliAlosa in a different thread. I’ll check its settings and see if I can change the encoding in a way that renders line-endings differently. Thanks for that suggestion!

Will