Help

Import data into AutoCAD, is it possible?

Topic Labels: ImportingExporting
2134 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Witkamp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m curious if anyone else has tried pulling data from Airtable into AutoCAD. I understand that AutoCAD can connect to SQL databases or an ODBC source. That makes me wonder if I could connect to Airtable through the ODBC Data Source Administrator in Windows to then connect to AutoCAD.

Thoughts or Ideas?

5 Replies 5

Hi @Greg_Witkamp - you can’t connect to Airtable with ODBC - the only way to get data out of Airtable (without resorting to manual methods) is via the Airtable API which follows the REST style

Ha! Well, I guess I should have Googled first:

There is an ODBC driver, but it is 1) something you will need to buy (price unknown as far as I can see) and 2) just a wrapper onto the Airtable API in any case.

Not clear how this would work for getting data into AutoCAD, but I assume the vendor could give you more info.

Greg_Witkamp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yeah, I came across that one too. I downloaded a trial of Progress DataDirect Autonomous REST Connector for ODBC Version 8.0.0, but I have no idea how to use it.

Greg_Witkamp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m wondering if I could create a LISP macro in AutoCAD that pulls in the data from Airtable via excel, since it pretty easy to query the data into excel.

Gordonhoj
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

AutoCAD's ability to connect to SQL databases or ODBC sources is a powerful feature. As for connecting to Airtable through ODBC Data Source Administrator in Windows, it's a possibility worth exploring. It might involve a bit of configuration, but it could open up some interesting possibilities for data integration. If you're looking to enhance your AutoCAD skills or dive deeper into data integration, consider checking out some training courses. You can find a reputable training company in London that offers courses tailored to various software applications.