Help

Re: Is it possible to create a form that creates multiple records?

Solved
Jump to Solution
4772 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philip_Begel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi! I want to be able to use something like the Forms feature to add multiple records in one go for non-licensed viewers, but the forms feature is limited to one record at a time and the editable shared view does not support copy and paste.

For example:

• I have a Project name record I want to add (view #1)
  • x number of tasks records linked to the project name (view #2)
  • and x number of project collaborators records linked to the project name (view #3).

Rather than submitting the form multiple times to add:

1. Project name
  2. Task 1 description + link to project name
  3. Task 2 description + link to project name
    … etc
  4. Project collaborator 1 name + link to project name
  5. Project collaborator 2 name + link to project name
    … etc

I want to be able to add this in one form. Is it possible with a scripting block/app or in a separate front-end interface?

12 Replies 12

Glad that you got something working that you like! Based on how I work, that feels like it leans on the messy side that I talked about because you end up with table fields that are only used for form input, with the final usable data ending up elsewhere. However, if it works for you for now, I say run with it!

Dominic_Whyte
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another option to consider - you can make a form that creates multiple records for free with Fillout. Guide here:
https://www.fillout.com/help/create-multiple-records-with-form

I clicked the link but the video only demonstrates adding one record.  I am a visual learner is there a video that demonstrates a user filling it out and creating multiple records in one form?  Maybe I have misunderstood - I need a single form that can create multiple records.  

I am trying to collect business receipts for purchases.  I have a table titled receipt, and a table titled items.  The form is created in the Receipt table and linked to the Items Table - I would like the user to pull up the form enter the store date/time and then be able to enter multiple items.