1454 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreas_Iacovid
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ive got this javascript code which lists the records in a view . I want these records to be filtered by the ‘email’ field but i dont know how to include this. please have a look at the code below:

3 Replies 3

@Andreas_Iacovides,

I think you forgot to include your code, so I don’t know specifically what you are working with… I assume this is in the context of the Scripting Block, so I think I can just provide the general guidance that you can use JavaScript’s built in .filter() method to do this on your queried records. Assuming you’ve queried your records into a variable called records, it will look something like this:

let filteredRecords = records.filter(record => record.getCellValue("email").includes("@gmail.com"))

In this example, your records would be filtered to return only records where the “email” field includes the sub-string “@gmail.com”, and the resulting array of records would be stored in the filteredRecords variable.

.filter() takes an arrow function which it runs on each record ((record => {function block}). The {function block} needs to be a piece of code that returns a boolean true/false as its result. The .includes(), which we run against the string returned by .getCellValue() will return true if it finds “@gmail” in the email address string, and false if it does not.

Hopefully that at least points you in the right direction.

Seriously!?! Dude - you should write the first Airtable scripting book. This is pure instructional elegance.

Jeremy, this is my code… your helps is really appreciated. this code lists all records. please let me know how to filter this records by the email field:

My Pilot Book

• {{ item['fields']['email'] }}

<p><strong>Registration No.1: </strong>${{ item['fields']['Registration No.1'] }}</p>
                    <p><strong>Registration No.2: </strong>${{ item['fields']['Registration No.2'] }}</p>

</li>
            </ul>            
        </div><!--app-->